Monday, April 24, 2023
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
How To Prevent Them & Improve Risk Management
Colleges and universities consistently struggle with risk management when it comes to supporting and overseeing student organizations and their advisors. Institutions know that with all of the benefits that come with having student organizations on campus, also comes great risks. Issues that significantly impact health and safety or create financial and reputational liability continually present themselves on college and university campuses when it comes to managing student organizations.
Join us on April 24, 2023 when our presenter will examine the top 10 mistakes made by advisors and how institutions can prevent them. Participants will examine the dangers associated with each mistake and learn what proactive measures can be implemented to avoid them. Topics will include, unauthorized off-campus trips and events, signing contracts without legal review, serving alcohol to minors and several others.
Managing a robust student activities program on a college campus is more than just implementing creative ideas. It also requires a keen eye on protocol and the law, training advisors and students alike on what to watch out for and what pitfalls to avoid.
You’ll gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Examine the top 10 mistakes made by student organization advisors – avoid these mistakes at your institution.
- Understand liability – effectively balance liability concerns with student engagement opportunities.
- Articulate best practices to respond to programmatic liability concerns – avoid significant financial and reputational implications.
- Discuss the main mistakes people make when training their staff – create education and training programs that minimize legal risks.
- Empower advisors to work with students to take responsibility for their clubs and organizations – give advisors and students the tools they need to protect themselves and your institution.
Dr. Gregory J. (Greg) Nayor currently serves as the Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Daemen University in Amherst, NY.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available 24-48 hours after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you 24 hours following the live webinar. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-295-0505.
For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.