Ensure Compliance & Relevance to Avoid Legal Challenges
Your academic course catalog is one of the most important documents that you provide your faculty, students, and the community each year — ensure it is compliant, current, and meets the needs of both the institution and students. Prevent frustration and protect your institution from legal challenges with an annual audit.
Our expert presenter provides a compendium of critical information on catalog development, legal policies that need to be included, and a refined process for annually updating and editing your academic catalog to ensure compliance.
Provide clear expectations and requirements that your policies are relevant — especially in light of the current pandemic and expectations for the 2021-22 academic year — and have confidence that the contract you are enacting between each individual and your institution is a solid educational and legal representation of your institution’s mission.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Develop an academic calendar that reflects your institution’s mission, classroom behavior guidelines and course descriptions — prevent frustration from your faculty, staff, and students by creating clear expectations and requirements.
- Incorporate higher education legal regulations (FERPA, ADA/Section 504 Policy, Title IX) and graduation requirements into the catalog — recognize this is a legally binding contract between any student and the institution.
- Create the most valuable academic tool that meets the needs of both the institution and your students — ensure it is compliant and current to avoid legal challenge.
- Include key stakeholders — faculty, staff, legal counsel and students — in the development and annual audit of the academic catalog — safeguard the integrity of your institutions educational mission.
- Consider the advantages of print vs. electronic versions of your academic catalog- balance the need for disclosure with legal implications.
Dr. Grant L. Azdell currently serves as Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.