Combat Cheating and Misconduct During In-Person and Online Learning
When cheating goes undetected and unchallenged, the academic integrity of an institution is undermined. Opportunities to engage in academic misconduct are readily available to those students seeking to cheat. In addition, those vulnerable populations that seek help may find themselves in academically precarious situations and unwittingly violating their institution’s academic honor code.
Our expert presenter shares solutions to this growing concern. Special attention is paid to reports of contract cheating and creative sanctioning and education, as well as investigation techniques, prevention methods for faculty and staff and important inclusions for academic integrity policies.
Learn how to identify ways to best educate, hold accountable, and ensure students are upholding the institution’s academic standards and mission so you can preserve the integrity of a degree from your institution.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify the technologies that allow students to engage in academic misconduct and give faculty tools to increase their knowledge of the sites students are using and how to successfully respond when they become aware of cheating.
- Develop policies that are clear, educational, and address the new forms of potential academic misconduct – partner academic and student affairs to support positive student learning outcomes.
- Create educational opportunities for students to understand what “cheating” is and how to avoid expulsion and the lasting effects it will have on their academic record.
- Recognize some of the motivations behind academic misconduct – understand the pressure and trauma students may have experienced to cause a lapse in judgment and take an educational approach to hold them accountable for greater impact.
- Build a culture of academic and personal integrity and uphold the mission and reputation of your institution.
Ali Martin Scoufield currently serves as the Associate Dean of Students, Community Standards & Advocacy at Cleveland State University.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.