Overcome COVID-19 Barriers to Motivate & Mentor
Advising student leaders and student organizations during this challenging time requires a new way of thinking, processing and leading. As the new semester begins – advisors will need to adapt to the current mode of operation and ensure they are trained, motivated and supported to ensure a successful leadership and organization transition and continuity.
Our seasoned presenter guides you through the intentionality behind successful student leader and organization advising that will help you improve as an advisor, despite engaging student leaders and groups with reduced density or virtually.
You will be able to adapt the way you advise, mentor, coach, and communicate to maximize your students’ success and align their student leadership goals with their personal goals for college and professional careers. Design a shared success strategy that aligns with your institutional mission, helps you avoid burnout and will motivate today’s generation to engage and succeed despite current circumstances.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify the complex roles, responsibilities, and expectations of a developmental approach to advising student leaders — overcome potential challenges and pitfalls to generate positive interactions with those you advise to ensure their personal and organizational growth and success.
- Be creative and use a different mindset — identify mechanisms for engaging student leaders with reduced density due to COVID-19.
- Discuss strategies for empowering advisors — including faculty — to better advise organizations from afar.
- Advance the way you advise, mentor, coach and communicate — maximize student success and align their student leadership goals with their personal goals for college and professional careers.
- Improve your advising acumen to better serve your students — implement transitional practices that instill a sense of ownership and accountability in your students and ensure alignment with your institutional mission so everyone thrives.
Dr. Nayor serves as the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Daemen College in Amherst, NY, where he is responsible for all aspects of the student life experience, enrollment management, and retention and persistence efforts, as well as other key strategic initiatives. Dr. Nayor has extensive experience consulting for institutions of higher education on best practices in campus safety, emergency response training, student codes of conduct, and strategic planning. Working with administrators at institutions large and small, public and private, Dr. Nayor is able to help institutions realize their potential and work through the challenges.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.