Integrate Data Visualizations into Data Storytelling for Maximum Impact
Higher education often finds itself in a position of being data-rich but information-poor. A key component in assessment practice is transforming data into information that can be used to inform practice. Creating assessment reports can often be a challenging task, but when approached as storytelling instead of reporting, our data becomes more compelling and informative.
Join us on November 2, 2021 to hear from expert presenter Dr. Kimberly Yousey-Elsener – the Director of Student Affairs Assessment and Strategic Initiatives (SAASI) at Binghamton University – on how to create stories with data.
Effective use and sharing of data helps share your story and get your message understood by various constituencies. Create accurate and compelling graphics that transforms data into information so you can successfully tell your story.
As a result of this webinar, you will take away:
- The ability to identify key audiences and how they consume data – tell your story to the appropriate stakeholders in a way that makes sense to them.
- Simple tools and tips for creating visuals that you can use to create infographics on your campus – apply the four steps in data storytelling so you can use them successfully for assessment initiatives at your institution.
- Tools and strategies for overcoming barriers to creating visuals and using the assessment data you collect in a way that meets your key stakeholders’ needs – understand the importance of transforming data into information so you can successfully and effectively hare your story!
- Implement proven tools and tips based on best practices to support the development of a strong culture of assessment on your campus – apply concepts of storytelling to messaging through data.
- New ways to enhance learning while also being transparent and achieving accountability – integrate data visualizations into data storytelling.
Dr. Kimberly Yousey-Elsener is the Director of Student Affairs Assessment and Solutions for Engagement (SAASE) at Binghamton University.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.