Ensure Fair & Just Processes for All on Your Campus
In an increasingly litigious society, higher education has been subject to a slew of suits, particularly as it relates to conduct cases, including Title IX. Recent media coverage has repeatedly noted the uptick in lawsuits from the students, faculty, and staff involved in these cases, as well as the relative success of those parties. Many institutions are reevaluating the role of attorneys in their processes from the initiation of conduct investigations on campuses. This webinar will help you better prepare to manage that attorney participation to ensure an effective and compliant process on your campus.
This webinar will guide you in managing attorney participation in conduct processes for student, faculty and staff cases on your campus and in ensuring that you are providing a fair and just process for all.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Make informed decisions for your campus so you can ensure fair and just processes by drawing from a foundation of case law, recent resolution agreements and state statutes.
- Utilize sample models and sample policy statements provided for adaptation to your campus so you don't have to reinvent the wheel.
- Examine some supplemental methods to manage attorney participation, including the creation of Acknowledgment of Policy forms and guides/FAQ documents.
- Prepare yourself and your campus now with regards to the incorporation of attorney participation, so you are not caught off guard in the future.
Amber L. Resetar is the Director of Title IX and Clery Compliance at the University of North Carolina Wilmington and previously served in a conduct role at Bethany College in West Virginia.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.