Provide Equitable Access and Completion Rates with Strategic Planning and Data Collection
Developing effective enrollment strategies by assessing the perception in the marketplace of your institution’s interest, commitment, and ability to serve Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) has become critical to ensuring your ability to attract and serve a diverse student body. Ensure broader and more successful enrollment by better serving students who historically have been excluded or underserved compared to their counterparts.
Our expert presenter addresses the challenges related to effectively recruiting and enrolling BIPOC students during this prolonged period of change and decline in retention rates. He outlines the foundational process in accessing and assessing institutional data, as well as the market trends and opportunities to build and implement annual recruitment and enrollment plans that attract BIPOC students.
Join this webinar and:
- Develop effective enrollment strategies by assessing the perception in the marketplace of your institution’s interest, commitment, and ability to serve BIPOC students – utilize that data to create recruitment programs that attract BIPOC students who will successfully persist on your campus.
- Foster a campus-wide collaborative and proactive approach to recruit and enroll BIPOC students – address campus culture and environment prior to their arrival to ensure that their experiences mirror your institutions’ marketing and recruitment messages and its mission and values.
- Understand the importance of accessing and assessing institutional data on your BIPOC students — ensure the resources and infrastructure is in place to provide equitable access and completion rates.
- Consider current enrollment trends and opportunities regarding strategies to attract and persist BIPOC students – build and implement annual plans based on that data to meet your institutional enrollment goals.
- Improve your enrollment process to ensure BIPOC students coming to your campus are prepared and have realistic perceptions and expectations – be prepared to address any gaps and to provide the support necessary for academic and personal success.
Delorean J. (DJ) Menifee is currently serving as the Vice President for Enrollment at Susquehanna University. Additionally, he has led Inclusion, Access, and Success committees with the National Association for College Admission Counseling.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on