Integrating Campus Wide Wellness Initiatives to Establish A Foundation For Students To Persist & Thrive
Increased mental health concerns at Institutions of Higher Education have required that they approach well-being in an integrated and holistic way to support student mental health. By fostering an integrated and holistic approach, academic and student affairs divisions can provide a variety of resources to allow students to build resilience, grit and ensure they thrive at your institution.
The mental health and well-being of your campus community goes beyond the counseling center – requires a campus wide approach. Does your campus have the essential components of a broader holistic mental health approach in place? Is your campus prepared to engage those who are truly at risk, particularly when those who need it most are often reluctant to seek care?
Gather your colleagues and join our expert presenter on September 17, 2019 as he shares and reviews various innovative trends in mental health that address the many challenges and barriers students face that directly impact their retention and ability to graduate from your institution. Address this critical need effectively and collaboratively through integrated and holistic strategies!
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Implement and integrate a campus-wide strategy to support health, wellness and well-being – recognize theoretical models from health promotion and prevention work to build a holistic approach to support students mental health.
- Develop or enhance wellness programs in and out of the classroom to ensure that well-being is part of your institution’s mission – discuss mental health issues with faculty and staff so everyone can work collaboratively to integrate a holistic approach to the health and well-being of all students.
- Learn about innovative programs to reduce barriers to student help seeking – enhance connection with students in need of care so you can address small issues before they become huge issues.
- Adapt existing resources for holistic mental health care and discussions around the complexities of “grit”/ resilience and student success – improve your students’ experience of care so you can enhance their level of engagement, satisfaction, and ultimately, retention.
- Understand the impact that mental health has on your students’ academic and personal success – create a campus-wide approach to mental health so students don’t fall through the cracks.
Dr. Patrick Lukingbeal currently serves as the Executive Director of Integrated Enrollment Services and recently transitioned from serving as the Director of Wellness at the University of Houston in Texas.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.