Thursday, May 23, 2024
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Create Policies and Harm Reduction Programs That Enhance Student Safety
The legalization and de-stigmatization of cannabis products, marketing of direct-to-consumer psychedelics for “mental health healing”, increased access to synthetic dugs such as fentanyl and eutylone, and the resurgence of nicotine use trough vaping has left administrators struggling to keep their students safe through harm reduction initiatives and remain compliant with the Department of Educations Drug-Free Schools & Communities Act and Controlled Substances Act.
Join us on May 23, 2024, and learn how you can collectively and proactively address this growing epidemic. Our expert presenter will share data about emerging usage trends and provide evidence-based harm reduction strategies from public health experts that can be implemented on your campus without creating risk of a Department of Education compliance violation.
Gain the confidence to create policies and harm reduction programs to address your students’ increased use of cannabis, psychedelics/hallucinogens, nicotine, and other designer drugs.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Utilize the data on emerging drug use on campus so you can put strategic risk reduction plans in place.
- Develop effective advocacy strategies that engage key stake holders on campus to support a comprehensive health promotion and prevention program.
- Create protocols for use, training, and distribution of Narcan or fentanyl test strips on campus while remaining compliant with the Department of Education under the DFSCA.
- Respond to students’ requests for ADA accommodations to use medically prescribed cannabis or other psychedelics appropriately to avoid legal missteps.
- Debunk the myths about DFSCA and the Controlled Substance Act to create policies and harm reduction programs for these new products and drugs.
Hannah Ross currently serves as the General Counsel, Chief of Staff, and Secretary to the Corporation at Middlebury College in Vermont.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Access for your entire team for one low price
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on