New Strategies to Manage Guest & Graduate Expectations
Graduation ceremonies have had to adapt, and continue to transform, to meet graduate and guest expectations of honoring academic achievement despite Covid-19. “The way we always did it” just isn’t good enough anymore. Institutions need to find ways to be inclusive and equitable with a diverse audience and embrace a willingness to try something new.
Join our expert presenters as they share their insight and experience into the art of commencement production in today’s society. This webinar will give you insight into the new opportunities available to create a program that may change logistically but maintain the emotional impact, the necessary tools to capitalize on the use of technology and strategies to overcome challenges to create the most memorable event of the year!
Redesign your events from virtual ceremonies to hybrid recognition or reimagined in-person events – commencement/graduation ceremonies can be unique and take a fresh take on a “tradition” so you can provide new ways to recognize accomplishments and manage guest and graduate expectations.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Implement successful strategies to establish a complete production process for commencement ceremonies from start to finish – Incorporate new ideas and best practices to adapt and enhance current commencement event(s).
- Utilize logistical solutions to address new regulations; incorporate new virtual, hybrid and in-person options to create a safer environment; and stay true to the purpose of commencement — meet graduate and guest expectations to honor academic achievements and maintain the emotional impact of the event despite COVID.
- Embrace technology and utilize it to create new traditions and rituals that
- value the history and mission of your institution — leave your graduates and their guests with a “wow factor”, smiles on their faces and a great experience that keeps everyone talking!
- Identify methods for addressing the diverse needs of the participants and guests and still uphold the values and traditions of your institution — re-affirm the decision to graduate from and to become a proud alum of your institution.
- Create and implement a comprehensive communication plan that graduates, and their guests can utilize — reduce the amount of valuable time you spend answering emails and the phone, so you can focus on the details of commencement planning.
Matthew Redd is currently serving as the VP of Strategic Accounts & Innovation for StageClip. Prior to his role at StageClip, Matthew was the Director of Commencement and Special Events at Vanderbilt University where he transformed the office into an industry leader.
Click here for full bio.
James Cuaresma is currently serving as the Director of University Events and Protocol for California State University, Los Angeles.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on