Today, approximately 60% of all undergraduates attend multiple colleges and universities — you and your staff need to be well prepared to meet the specific needs of transfer students to help them achieve success.
That’s why you now have access to the 100-page Creating a Transfer-Friendly Campus Binder. This comprehensive resource explores how to welcome, serve and retain today’s transfer students.
Use this binder to learn how to:
- Implement successful strategies to creating a transfer-friendly campus
- Adapt best practices that are working at other colleges and universities
- Understand the concerns of today’s transfers and how to address these issues
- Handle the “transfer shock” that many students may be going through
- Develop a one-stop shop for your transfer students
- Conduct surveys and assessments to gauge your campus climate
- Use institutional data that already exists
- Help transfers navigate pathways and make seamless transitions
- Modify ideas from the top transfer institutions
- Ask appropriate questions and seek answers to ensure a transfer-receptive culture
- Respond to this changing demographic in ways that may alter your institutional mission
- Raise awareness among faculty, administrators and support staff about transfer issues
- Significantly improve your transfer services
- Take advantage of advising and orientation recommendations
- Encourage faculty discipline dialogues
- Make the most of visits to primary feeder institutions
- Develop strong partnerships among key offices
- Examine the roles of transfer allies
- Explore options for credit, life experience and outreach
- Implement programs, social media initiatives and more to engage transfer students
- Develop an effective transfer action plan
Today’s transfer students need your attention, understanding and care in order to feel welcomed and, ultimately, to achieve college completion. Creating a Transfer-Friendly Campus provides you with ready-to-use tools and information to help make this happen!
Inside you’ll find hands-on resources to share and use with various audiences, including:
- Transfer case studies
- Fact sheets and worksheets
- Discussion questions
- Q&A with a transfer practitioner
- Additional resource links
Plus, your purchase includes a site license to share with your staff and campus community – perfect for your remote training initiatives!
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download – includes a printed copy of this resource as well as digital access to the enclosed materials and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Price includes $9 shipping fee.
- Digital Download Only – includes digital access to this resource and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Upon purchase, the instructions for downloading this resource will be immediately available. For questions, email email@example.com.