Improve Transparency, Accountability and Action
A Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Plan shares an institution's commitment to upholding its values and goals towards equity and inclusion for all. Campus leaders are challenged with how to create and implement an effective statement, policy and plan. How do you ensure it is in alignment with your institution’s overall objectives? How do you make sure the components you include are not only relevant – but also are actionable?
Hear from our expert presenter – Farzana Nayani, a recognized Diversity, Equity & Inclusion specialist and established Intercultural practitioner and consultant – as she shares the essential components of creating a DEI strategy for your institution, as well as how to determine key focus areas to include.
You’ll be able to create "traction for action" as you can effectively involve key stakeholders, engage in focused decision-making and strategically plan for the greatest community impact. Draw from best practices, sample templates and proven resources so you can take immediate next steps in your own DEI strategy to improve internal organizational workings, as well as external engagement.
As a result of this webinar, you will take away:
- A step-by-step process for creating and implementing a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) statement, policy and plan – engage key stakeholders so they buy into your efforts to move towards greater equity and inclusion on your campus.
- Best practices and solutions for common challenges – overcome challenges to ensure transparency, accountability and actionable success.
- Sample templates of DEI strategy plans that showcase a variety of approaches – tap into what works so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel or tax human and fiscal resources unnecessarily.
- Participate in a self-reflection activity to focus on organizational objectives and identify growth areas for developing the plan – align the strategic plan with your institution’s overall objectives so you can maximize community impact.
Farzana Nayani is a recognized Diversity, Equity & Inclusion specialist and established Intercultural practitioner and consultant.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.