Create an Open and Inclusive Campus Environment
Easily Train Students and Staff with Engaging, Real-Life Case Studies!
Ensure every student feels safe, seen and heard. Our Diversity and Social Issues Case Studies Binder will help prevent negative campus incidents while raising community awareness and understanding.
Diversity and Social Issues Case Studies contains 50 comprehensive and timely case studies — many based on actual, recent on-campus events. In addition, each case study includes engaging questions that will spur meaningful, interactive discussions and simplify training.
Using the Diversity and Social Issues Case Studies Binder will:
- Create an open, inclusive environment for all students
- Build students’ trust and confidence that you are in tune with their concerns and needs
- Prepare your staff to confidently address and resolve incidents and prevent campus backlash
The Diversity and Social Issues Case Studies Binder is easy to implement into your training programs. 50 at-the-ready case studies — each with engaging discussion questions — are the ideal resource to quickly prepare your campus for challenging situations.
Using the Binder is as simple as selecting case studies related to your specific training need. The case study will easily demonstrate the topic to your group and the accompanying questions will drive dynamic and progressive discussion among the participants.
Diversity and Social Issues Case Studies is perfect for:
- Student Affairs personnel
- Deans of Students
- Directors of Residence Life
- Student Activities staff
- Diversity/Multicultural initiatives
- Orientation Staff
- Campus Clubs and Student Organizations
- And more!
Demonstrate to your students that you are aware and supportive of their needs. Diversity and Social Issues Case Studies covers 50 timely topics, including:
- Cultural competence
- LGBTQIA+ concerns
- Implicit bias
- Food insecurity
- Religious freedom
- Ability and disability
- Freedom of speech
- Financial struggles
- First-generation persistence
- Supporting adult student learners
- Parenting students
- Being an ally
- Cultural appropriation
- Affinity groups
- Addressing incidents of hate
- Embracing commonalities
- Gender issues
- Confronting inappropriate comments
- International students
- Immigrant concerns
- Masculinity crisis
When you order the Diversity and Social Issues Case Studies Binder, you’ll receive all the resources you need to ensure your students and staff are prepared!
The easy-to-implement resource is complete with everything you need to:
- Form strong responses to campus controversies through practice with 50 comprehensive case studies and engaging discussion questions
- Build a more thoughtful, informed community to improve retention and graduation rates
- Save time with our complete case study packages — no need to create training materials on your own
Plus, our Case Study User’s Guide offers various methods of incorporating these case studies into your training efforts.
Also included is the 15-page Diversity Reference Guide: Understanding Various Terms, which:
- Enhances understanding and awareness of today’s diversity realities to avoid conflict and create more supportive teams.
- Provides one comprehensive document, all in one place, so you don’t have to spend valuable time preparing a glossary for your staff
- Ensures all case study participants have the same information so no one feels left out, questions their understanding of certain terms or stops contributing because they’re afraid they’ll say something wrong
Plus, your purchase includes a site license to share with your staff and campus community – perfect for your remote training initiatives!
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download – includes a printed copy of this resource as well as digital access to the enclosed materials and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Price includes $9 shipping fee.
- Digital Download Only – includes digital access to this resource and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Upon purchase, the instructions for downloading this resource will be immediately available. For questions, email email@example.com.