Collaboration Strategies to Achieve Recruitment and Retention Goals
Experts agree: Student Affairs staff are going to have to take on a more generalist approach to their work and begin to think of themselves as enrollment professionals, even as they seek to create and run programs that will keep current students engaged.
Competition for new students is at an all-time high and the role of enrollment management in higher education has never been more critical. All facets of campus life are important to prospective students in making their final decision about where to attend college – both inside and outside the classroom – and that requires strategic cross-division recruitment partnerships to achieve enrollment goals.
Learn about the critical connection between student affairs and enrollment management. Our expert presenter shares a compendium of important strategies and critical partnerships that play a role in increasing enrollment, engaging students and providing both academic and co-curricular experiences to enhance student success and degree completion.
Implement a student-support focus to positively affect retention and enrollment goals in a cost-effective way. Improve your institution’s reputation among prospective students, expand your application pool, retain and engage students to foster a lifelong affinity to your institution, and reach your bottom line.
You will take away critical, actionable tools that will help you:
- Develop a collaborative partnership between Student Affairs and Enrollment to attract, enroll, progress, retain and increase incoming classes - ensure you meet enrollment and graduation goals.
- Understand the current trends and the coming enrollment cliff that all institutions will face in the next two years – learn how to examine your own staff configurations and personnel to know if you have the right people in the right seats, going in the right direction, together.
- Incorporate strategic cross-division recruitment partnerships – engage deposited students and connect them to your institution before they set foot on campus to improve retention and increase school affinity.
- Create a campus community that focuses on the student experience both inside and outside the classroom – develop programming, special events and new extra-curricular events to be an effective tool in the enrollment game.
- Consider the advantages of a student-support focus and campus-wide partnerships – positively affect retention, engagement and enrollment goals in a cost-effective way while maintaining the academic integrity and mission of your institution.
Dr. Grant L. Azdell currently serves as the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, and is a Professor at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on