From Start-up to Success: Increase Recruitment, Retention & Revenue
Start, Manage & Maintain a Successful Program & Provide Powerful Opportunities for Student Engagement
What started as a relatively obscure program several years ago has grown into a competitive landscape that many colleges and universities are using for one of three reasons: recruitment, retention, and/or revenue. The growth has been exponential. It is one of the few markets that has been insulated from the current pandemic and provides a world of possibilities from revenue to recruitment and beyond.
From idea to implementation to program development, camps, and more, the world of esports is vast. And the beauty of it is that colleges and universities can run a meaningful, competitive, fun, and revenue-generating experience with a limited budget and lean operation.
Our seasoned expert presenter – whose institution won the East Coast Conference League of Legends Championship in 2020 – offers crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you explore the world of competitive collegiate esports and gain the tools you need to start, run and maintain a successful esports program on your campus.
Overcome hesitation and confusion surrounding esports so you can capitalize on opportunities with one of the fastest-growing spectator sports in the world.
You’ll walk away with the tools you need not only to start, run, and maintain a successful esports program, but also to utilize it as a powerful tool to provide opportunities for student engagement.
We offer crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Run a successful esports program on your campus – from start-up to success – explore Title IX implications, where your program should report, how recruiting is happening, the resources you need, the pros and cons of starting a competition, how sponsors are involved, and much more.
- Explore the potential profitability of esports programs – understand the potential costs and budgetary needs for building a competitive program and what the return on investment can look like for your institution.
- Weigh the pros and cons of an esports program on your campus – explore the human and fiscal resources needed to run a program, as well as the benefits a program like this could have on revenue and recruitment.
- Identify important aspects of a competitive esports program – take a deeper dive into the specifics of esports programming including managing germs and cleanliness, keeping your students moving physically, managing sharing of the space, and handling issues such as misogyny that exist in some games.
- Clearly define liability – outline a plan for minimizing risk.
- Capitalize on the discouragement of in-person gatherings and high-contact sports by public health experts – create a competitive atmosphere for students and fans to watch or participate in esports with just computers and an internet connection.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with alumni and community organizations.
Dr. Gregory J. (Greg) Nayor currently serves as the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Daemen College in Amherst, NY. In this capacity, Dr. Nayor provides leadership to all areas of student affairs, enrollment management, and over-arching strategic initiatives for the College.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.