No campus is 100% safe. A college community, where the very ideas of open discussion and freedom are promoted, can be especially vulnerable — as the terrible events at Virginia Tech and elsewhere demonstrated. Campuses across the country are working to keep their students safe. Yet, what about our faculty members? Many faculty continue to feel vulnerable. Faculty members have questions too — they need safety assurances and information — because they also ask: “What if something happened in my classroom or office?"
The Keeping Yourself and Your Classrooms Safe brochure helps faculty answer this question. As campus efforts to keep students safe increase, faculty members can become important frontline resources when they are armed with good, valid information about threats, problems and what resources are available when they feel a situation might be dangerous. Use this brochure to help your faculty and campus community members focus on important safety issues.
Plus, this brochure can be customized with your school's logo and campus-specific information!
- Practical, proactive tips for faculty to keep themselves safe in their offices and classrooms
- Using campus resources for assistance
- Putting emergency preparedness plans into action
- Exploring realistic “what if?” scenarios
- Where to begin when you’re concerned about a student or a colleague
- Using cell phones as emergency tools
- Behavioral warning signs to watch for
- Faculty can be bullied, too
- How to talk with students about safety concerns
- Exploring what’s on student’s minds
- Understanding the realities of school violence
Post to Your School’s Website with a Digital License
A Digital License allows you to post a digital PDF of the brochure on your school’s website and distribute electronically to members of your campus community. Choose the format that works best for you — printed copies, a digital license, or get both for the best value!
Customize with Your Campus-Specific Information
When you order the customized version of this brochure, we will add your school or department logo to the front cover and your institution’s name and website to the footer throughout. Plus, fully customize the entire back page with your campus-specific information, such as:
- Contact information for key offices or departments
- Important policies or mission statements
- Support services available at your institution
- On- and off-campus contacts for students or staff in need
- Your department/institutional webpage and resource links
Instructions for submitting your custom content can be found here. A PaperClip Communications team member will contact you upon purchase to assist you with your custom materials. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.