Navigate Personnel Issues & Staff Expectations with Sensitivity & Careful Consideration
Preparing for staff to return post-pandemic requires sensitivity and careful consideration of a multitude of variables. Most companies nationwide are proceeding cautiously, trying to balance navigating a return to in-person functions against a potential backlash by staff members who are not ready to physically return. Higher education is no different.
Our seasoned presenter will help college and university administrators determine best practices in re-opening from a staff operation perspective. Making decisions can be challenging as you consider how your team’s size has increased or reduced, how workload and responsibilities have shifted or changed, and which critical services are required and in what ways you can be flexible.
Walk away with the tools you need to continue to reorient staff members, calm fear and anxiety, and empower supervisors to manage their respective areas so you can continue to ensure your team’s motivation, satisfaction and success.
You will take away critical, actionable tools that will help you:
- Navigate personnel issues and staff expectations, including decisions whether or not to build and maintain hybrid work arrangements — be able to justify your decisions, make accommodations when necessary and support personal challenges your staff experiences with tact and care.
- Stay abreast of how your staff members are managing the psychological, emotional and cultural aspects of reentry, new ways of operating and balancing continued uncertainty — continue to provide critical support throughout this fall as staff members adapt and reintegrate.
- Engage in ongoing dialogue about health and safety protocols — normalize conversations and decision-making that prioritize the health and well-being of the community.
- Leverage the interruption experienced as an opportunity for reflection, resilience and re-planning — engage in continued exploration of what is working and what is not, how staff members can feel better supported, and creative solutions for overcoming obstacles.
- Guarantee that your most important stakeholders — your students — have the access they need to staff members so they can have a rich, immersive academic and student life experience, while also protecting your staff’s physical and psychological well-being.
Dr. Gregory J. (Greg) Nayor currently serves as the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Daemen College in Amherst, NY. In this capacity, Dr. Nayor provides leadership to all areas of student affairs, enrollment management, and over-arching strategic initiatives for the College.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.