Develop a Strategy to Measure Impact on Student Success, Institutional Mission & Goals
As resources get tighter and calls for accountability raise, going beyond measuring what you do to demonstrate its impact requires taking assessment to the next level. Switching how and what data you gather will help you tell a stronger story about your work. You’ll be able to define what impact means in your work, develop a strategy to measure impact and clearly articulate impact to your constituencies.
This webinar will guide you in gathering information that tells the effect your work is having as opposed to what you are doing.
Our presenter will help you measure impact and provide strategies to tell how your work influences outcomes such as student success, institutional mission and/or goals.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand assessing impact versus other kinds of assessments. Creatively present good news and demonstrate value over time.
- Define the impact of an office or program. Define what knowledge and skills the office or program is designed to develop and how you’ll know what impact has occurred.
- Clearly articulate goals and outcomes related to the intended impact. Confirm resources and expectations so you can ensure there is alignment in your data collection and storytelling.
- Develop a strategy for determining if impact is being made.
- Use data to tell the story of impact. Plan for communication of results so you can communicate useful data to key stakeholders when they need it and in a way that encourages action.
Dr. Kimberly Yousey-Elsener is the Director of Student Affairs Assessment and Strategic Initiatives (SAASI) at Binghamton University.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.