The Essential Foundational Blocks to Initiate & Build a Successful Program
Micro-credentials have gained widespread interest throughout higher education; however, confusion remains about how to best implement them. This lack of knowledge regarding effective implementation hinders institutions from capitalizing on a critical opportunity to provide up-skilling to a student’s education. Explore the critical decisions that need to be made to initiate a micro-credentialing strategy, necessary resources for implementation, and the infrastructure needed to maintain, develop and grow a micro-credential initiative on your campus.
Gather your staff and colleagues for this online training with our expert presenter who shares how she developed a process to propose, review, develop, and implement a new micro-credential program at her university.
This online training provides the initial and practical steps needed to implement a micro-credential and digital badge program on your respective campus. Gain insight into the financial investment, human resources, and infrastructure needed to develop and grow a micro-credential initiative.
At the conclusion of this online training experience, you will be able to:
- Identify the critical steps needed to propose, review, develop and implement a micro-credential program on your campus – get practical steps to create, change or implement an alternative credential program, and apply best practices to create your business plan, mapping curriculum and credential engine registry.
- Comprehend the difference between the various types of micro-credentials offered in higher education – make sound decisions on the appropriate options for your institution to ensure your program’s success.
- Understand the critical structure, how to engage your campus and community partners, and develop policies and governance that supports a quality stackable credentials, micro-credentials, and digital badges program – create a program that will increase your institution’s portfolio of degrees and credentials and ensure your students are in a more competitive position to be workforce ready.
- Develop an alternative credential program with clear action steps needed to be successful to drive revenue by increasing enrollment and retention – create equalizing opportunities for diverse students and those seeking to enhance their current skill set to “upskill” for a competitive edge when reentering or joining the workforce.
- Recognize the highly competitive global market and the key elements that make badging, micro-credentialing, and stackable credentials so valuable – provide the vital advantage that allows students to market their skill achievement and subject matter mastery to secure or further their careers.
Anne Reed currently serves as the founding Director of Micro-Credentials at the University of Buffalo in Buffalo, New York.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on