Increase Enrollment, Generate Cost-Effective Learning Models and Ensure Career Readiness
More than 30 million workers who are “Skilled Through Alternative Routes” (STARs) instead of through a four-year college degree were identified as having the skills to earn 70% more in their jobs but lack a credential to prove it.* Colleges can lead the way and bridge that financial gap by offering both credit and non-credit stackable credentials, badges, or micro-pathways. Capitalizing on this opportunity by designing alternative learning models around the lives and needs of learners and local workers by creating shorter, more relevant, and visible paths to career success will help institutions meet the demands of a rapidly evolving labor market.
Create a niche in your learning community. Increase the value of your institution.
Gather your colleagues for this online training opportunity in which our expert presenters share how they transformed the micro-credential and badge initiatives at State University New York Ulster.
Discover how colleges of all sizes can develop and implement a robust micro-credential and badge program that will increase enrollment, generate cost-effective learning alternatives, and better serve local employers seeking to upskill their workforce.
*Opportunity@Work “Reach for the STARs” publication, March 2020
You will leave this online training with the exact information you need to take purposeful and confident action to:
- Understand the value proposition and “problem” that implementing micro-credential and digital badge programs can solve for your institution – apply best practices to create, change, or implement an alternative credential program, and ensure they are a valid measure of skill achievement.
- Anticipate industry standards transforming micro-credentialing, badging and stackable credentials – get ahead of trends so you can remain competitive with your peer institutions and develop programs to meet the jobs of tomorrow.
- Develop alternative learning models through both credit and non-credit sides of your curriculum to successfully drive revenue, increase enrollment, and student retention – create a niche in your learning community and increase the value of your institution.
- Engage your campus and community partners – create a program that will increase your institution’s portfolio of credentials and badges to ensure your students are in a more competitive position to be workforce ready.
- Recognize the highly competitive global market and the key elements that make badging, micro-credentialing, and stackable credentials so valuable – provide the vital advantage that allows your students to market their skill achievement and subject matter mastery to secure internships, apprenticeships and ultimately a career.
Dr. Mindy S. Kole is an Associate Professor of Business at State University New York Ulster in Stone Ridge, New York.
Click here for full bio.
Barbara Ann Livermore Reer currently serves as the Assistant Dean for Workforce, Career Development and Apprenticeship Initiatives at State University New York Ulster in Stone Ridge, New York.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on