Build & Advance Academically Rigorous Programs that Support Access, Degree Completion and Success
Elevate your institution to be in a better position to serve students and employers with a flexible, high-quality micro-credential program.
Micro-credentials can be a gamechanger in meeting changing academic and workforce needs, especially now — if care is taken in building your program. These compact credentials are getting a huge burst of momentum as increasingly more individuals search for flexible, innovative opportunities to earn the academic credentials they need to succeed; this is particularly true for those facing career change or job loss as a result of the pandemic.
The pressure is on for higher education institutions to respond to evolving student needs and to support K-12, community, and business partners with effective solutions. The benefits of micro-credentials are clear, providing both immediate value to the earner and prospective employers, and serving as a pathway to an initial or advanced degree. It’s also clear that there remains a lot of variation in the field and still lingering confusion about taxonomy, practice, and rigor.
Our expert presenter draws from the SUNY experience and provides national insights and examples that illustrate how to build and advance a high-quality, academically rigorous micro-credential program.
At the conclusion of the 90-minute webinar, participants will be able to:
- Collaboratively build a high-quality and rigorous micro-credential program — provide students with immediate recognition of learned skills and competencies that ensure they are more marketable and workforce ready.
- Identify and plan to meet the needs of business partners — deliver a solution that both meets industry needs and puts students on a pathway to, or back to, college and to initial or advance degree completion.
- Distinguish micro-credentials from digital badges — understand the most effective uses of digital badges to represent micro-credential completion.
- Strengthen partnerships with K-12 and community partners through targeted micro-credentials — elevate your institution’s current outreach efforts.
- Understand the numerous ways that micro-credentials support access, degree completion, and student success in meeting academic and career goals — increase your students’ ability to distinguish themselves in a competitive marketplace and position your institution as a quality leader.
- Draw from the SUNY experience and national insights and examples to build and advance a high-quality, academically rigorous micro-credential program — you don’t have to reinvent the wheel!
Cynthia Proctor is the Director of Communications and Academic Policy Development for the Office of the Provost at the State University of New York (SUNY) System Administration.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.