Contribute to Institutional Goals, Build Competencies and Manage Effectively
Leading from the middle is not about a position; it is about meeting the demands from above while providing resources to and meeting the needs of those below. Being able to successfully leverage your student affairs experience, your skills and your potential is critical for success as a mid-level manager. Plus, this ability sets the stage for the next step of your career.
This training is perfect for your entry-level and mid-level student affairs staff seeking to transition from their roles working directly with students to a role advocating and setting up policies and procedures to support their success.
Our seasoned campus expert presenter provides direct insights and research-based strategies from institutional leaders nationwide to help you uncover the top six critical skills needed to lead from the middle, develop and utilize Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), and understand the expectations and responsibilities of successful mid-level managers in student affairs.
Utilize your unique position within your organization to maximize opportunities to contribute to strategic planning, connect student success initiatives to larger division and institutional goals, build your competencies, and manage effectively both up and down the organizational ladder.
As a result of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Increase your success as a mid-level manager by meeting the demands from above while being a resource for those below — identify and utilize the six critical skills needed to lead from the middle and to advance your career.
- Leverage your unique position within your organization — maximize your opportunities to contribute to institutional goals, build your competencies, and manage effectively both up and down.
- Understand the key elements of change management and how to adapt to shifts in responsibility or culture — maximize the skills you gained throughout the pandemic to leverage yourself as an essential leader on your campus.
- Foster cross-campus relationships to ensure you create opportunities to enhance your professional and personal experiences — understand your career goals and needs so that they support your professional development and advancement.
- Identify and implement strategies that utilize supervisory skills and best practices on leading — develop high-performing teams, including ways to manage challenging staff, to ensure goals are met.
Dr. Cathy Briggs is currently the Dean of Student Success at Rowan College at Burlington County (RCBC) in New Jersey.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.