Remove Barriers with Programming & Support Initiatives
Engaging multiracial students, faculty and staff on campuses requires intentional programming, open dialogue and support networks that encompass the long-term growth of individuals. Creating a campus community that supports this mission is essential to the success of those who identify as multiracial.
Explore how to support and engage multiracial students, faculty and staff on campus. You’ll walk away with promising practices on multiracial education and issues related to college campus leadership, student affairs, and affinity groups, specifically related to multiracial identity issues.
Establishing impactful campus initiatives and programing for multiracial individuals will improve your overall campus and enable you to better avoid challenges that prohibit students and professionals from succeeding in their academic pursuits, their professions and their lives overall.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand key terminology and issues regarding multiracial identity — sensitively and inclusively support the intersectional identities of multiracial constituents on campus.
- Effectively develop and implement programming and college-community partnerships to further support multiracial students — assist with engagement, satisfaction and persistence.
- Establish impactful and inclusive campus initiatives and programming — avoid common pitfalls that prevent students and professionals from feeling welcome and comfortable on campus.
Farzana Nayani is a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Consultant at Farzana Nayani, Consulting & Training. Farzana Nayani has been a recognized Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion specialist, coach, and speaker for over 20 years. She has worked with higher education institutions, school districts, corporations, public agencies, and non-profit organizations as a consultant and trainer on diversity and inclusion, intercultural communication, and unconscious bias.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.