Thursday, June 9, 2022
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Increase Retention, Academic Success & Engagement Across Diverse Student Populations
From recruitment to retention and developing a sense of belonging, peer mentors have a significant impact on your campus. Unfortunately, institutions can face challenges with gaining, organizing and utilizing resources without intentional planning and oversight that significantly impact their ability to position their program for success.
Join us for this online training on Thursday, June 9, 2022, to explore how you can better pool resources, strategies, and efforts to maximize peer mentoring in specific programs engaging students in the lifecycle of mentoring on your campus. You’ll be able to align mentoring with university-wide priorities to scale up your mentoring efforts.
You’ll hear from experts on how they have evolved their formal mentoring program from a Grant-funded office to a University-wide retention initiative supported by the institution. This transition has resulted in significant increases in retention, student engagement and graduation rates. You’ll be able to draw from their experience and success to create, improve and sustain mentoring initiatives on your own campus.
As a result of this online training, you will be able to:
- Utilize small, medium, and large mentoring initiatives to impact your peer mentoring programs – increase retention, academic success, and student engagement across diverse student populations with a coordinated and campus-wide effort.
- Align mentoring with your strategic plan, metrics, key performance indicators and goals – situate your program for success based on quantifiable data.
- Engage in a review of a model Mentoring Council – adapt from best practices so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
- Review techniques for recruitment of mentors – deepen your mentor pool by gaining quality leaders from across the campus.
- Explore the numerous benefits of peer mentorship programs and all the different options for creating impactful programs – expand your scope to reduce barriers for students seeking help so they achieve their goals, transform their lives and thrive.
Dr. Katie Burke currently serves as the Executive Director of New Student Transitions and Family Engagement at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida.
Click here for full bio.
Jordan DiPentima currently serves as the Interim Associate Director of New Student Transitions & Family Engagement at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) in Boca Raton, Florida.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available 24-48 hours after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you 24 hours following the live webinar. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-295-0505.
For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.