Increase Engagement, Retention and Graduation Rates
Research indicates that Black and Latino students are now more likely to change or cancel their college plans due to the pandemic and first-generation students are 50% more likely to have delayed graduation because of COVID-19 (Mitchell, 2020). Now, more than ever, peer coaches play a critical role and prevent a gap in support to improve success for all students — particularly first-generation and those who are underrepresented.
A well-defined peer coaching program accelerates students’ overall success, eases their transition to university life and fosters the development of the skills and connections that will help them persist to graduation.
Join us as our expert presenters — creator of the ARISE Success Coaching Model, Certified Coach and author, Marisel Herrera, and the Associate Vice President for Educational Outreach and Student Services for Arizona State University, Dr. Sylvia Symonds — as they share their unique approach, evidence-based coaching framework, and peer coaching program design highlights that have gained national recognition.
Improve success for all students — particularly diverse and traditionally disadvantaged college populations by increasing their engagement, retention, and graduation rates through an intentional peer mentor/coaching connection.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Develop an asset-based, intentional, and holistic peer coaching approach that helps prevent a gap in student support — increase student retention, academic success, student engagement and graduation rates across diverse student populations.
- Identify key program design elements and practical considerations for designing a successful peer coaching program — ensure the appropriate structure, strategies and success measures are in place.
- Assess the impact of the on-going pandemic and its impact on first-generation and vulnerable student populations — evaluate the effectiveness of your program to maintain or expand its scope, promote a holistic approach to student success and allow students to thrive!
- Gain increased knowledge to improve your current peer mentor/coaching programs, increase participation, and foster a sense of belonging for all students — process case studies and learn how to create meaningful student engagements that catalyzes academic and personal success.
Marisel Herrera is a Certified Coach with 25 years’ experience and currently the CEO of MariselSpeaks, creator of the ARISE Success Coaching Model, and author of two books — a memoir about her first-generation journey and a coaching book for women.
Click here for full bio.
Dr. Sylvia Symonds is currently the Associate Vice President for Educational Outreach and Student Services for Arizona State University.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.