Data Driven Recruitment & Training Initiatives To Increase Persistence & Engagement
Peer mentoring programs and mentors can be poised to make a significant impact in your recruitment, retention, engagement, and graduation rates. With the right program in place, you can maximize enrollment opportunities and overcome potential gaps in mentoring programs with data driven solutions. Avoid frustration and feelings of being overwhelmed by aligning mentoring with university-wide priorities, mission, and resources to systemically scale up your mentoring efforts.
Join this online training to explore how you can better pool resources; utilize persistence and engagement data to influence priorities; and understand the strengths, opportunities and the critical role mentors play in your recruitment, retention, and completion rates.
You’ll hear from experts on how they have evolved their formal mentoring program from a grant-funded office to a university-wide retention initiative supported by the institution. This transition, and subsequent partnership with Mentor Collective, has resulted in significant increases in retention, student engagement and graduation rates. You’ll be able to draw from their success in creating, improving, and sustaining mentoring initiatives on your own campus.
As a result of this online training, you will be able to:
- Utilize persistence and engagement data to influence decision making involving mentoring and recruitment initiatives – avoid frustration and being overwhelmed by aligning your programs with university-wide priorities.
- Apply small, medium, and large mentoring initiatives to impact your peer mentoring programs – increase student retention, academic success, and student engagement across diverse student populations with a coordinated and campus-wide effort.
- Align mentoring with your strategic plan, metrics, key performance indicators and goals – situate your program for success based on quantifiable data.
- Explore the numerous benefits of peer mentorship programs and all the different options for creating impactful programs – expand your scope to reduce barriers for students seeking help so they achieve their goals, transform their lives, and thrive.
- Communicate the value, benefit, and impact of effective peer mentor programs to students who need additional support – increase retention, academic success, engagement, and graduation rates across diverse student populations by reducing barriers to seeking help.
Jordan DiPentima currently serves as Director of New Student Transitions & Family Engagement at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) in Boca Raton, Florida.
Click here for full bio.
Rebecca Goldstein currently serves as the Director of Assessment and Research in the Division of Student Affairs at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on