Case Studies That Examine Policy, Training & Response
Widely publicized incidents of child abuse and sexual assault allegations at higher education institutions, in addition to legislation, have prompted the need for institutions to establish comprehensive youth protection efforts. Avoid missteps in protecting youth visiting campus or participating in campus-sponsored programs and ensure comprehensive compliance protocols, training, and response procedures are in place to safeguard your institution and minors.
Join our campus youth compliance experts as they guide you through actual cases where institutional policies and procedures, conflicts of interest, training, and emergency response and preparedness were legally challenged.
You will learn how to implement effective campus-wide training programs and establish essential reports and communication protocols to ensure critical compliance standards for youth protection.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Improve your campus policies and procedures with reporting, communication, and managing incidents involving minors — recognize potential program pitfalls and challenges to address and mitigate your risk.
- Using legal cases — adapt your current reporting and communication protocols, background checks, and response to suspected or actual problems.
- Coordinate compliance monitoring activities to improve overall prevention efforts — safeguard your institution and minors.
- Engage the appropriate campus stakeholders and community partners in policy and response protocols — ensure institutional-wide implementation to protect all minors that interact with multiple staff, programs and departments across your campus.
- Assess your program’s effectiveness and levels of compliance through a comprehensive evaluation process — adjust and adapt training and policies to create a secure environment for youth visiting campus or participating in campus-sponsored programs.
- Manage high-risk situations — use key policies and resources to support your current youth protection efforts.
Dr. Carolynn Komanski currently serves as the Director for the Office of Youth Compliance Services at the University of Florida located in Gainesville, Florida. She is co-inventor of the Youth Compliance Registration System and also works with local school and non-profit organizations on youth compliance issues.
Click here for full bio.
Omar Andujar currently serves as Associate Compliance Officer at the University of Connecticut and is a Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional. He has led the design and implementation of campus wide youth protection efforts in large and complex organizations.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.