Increase Interest, Engagement & Knowledge Retention
It is becoming more and more challenging to engage and train student leaders. This can be frustrating for the professional staff trying to teach students what it means to be an RA. Professionals feel as though they can’t reach their team and that their students are not reaching their full potential. Professionals spend hours preparing and teaching RAs how to do their jobs, yet we see them make continuous mistakes because they have not absorbed what was taught to them in training.
Our expert presenter will help you reshape your RA training program into an interactive conference experience with intentional learning outcomes and tracks for each level of your RA staff. She focuses on collaboration opportunities with other departments conducting student leader training, so that students can build relationships and understand how to direct students in need to the best resources.
Create an interactive training program that will help student leaders retain more of the information being taught – and make for a better staff and residential student experience for everyone overall.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Utilize tracks for new staff, second year staff and third year staff – create an engaging schedule that will ensure students are getting the information and the refreshers they need – and that they are retaining it.
- Use student feedback more meaningfully using assessment and conversation – find the ideal way to teach the content you know needs to be taught.
- Create an engaging environment – utilize levels of competition, like case study competitions and activities, to create interaction and interest.
- Tap into creative strategies – such as creative scheduling, moving instructional material online, and using interactive workbooks and micro lessons – to lessen the load on your professional staff and peak interest and engagement overall.
Dr. Sara Weinstein currently serves as the Director of Residence Life and Housing at Randolph-Macon College located in Ashland Virginia.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on