Balance Expectations and Regain Community
How do you balance today’s expectations with the realities of campuses post-pandemic? How do you get staff to re-engage in the campus culture the way it was pre-COVID? How do you get your staff to value interactions and involvement in campus life, especially when they are already so tired?
As staffs across the U.S. scramble to provide more services with less human and fiscal resources, determining priorities and expressing the value of their involvement is critical. We can no longer sit in front of a computer and communicate from afar. It’s time for staff members to re-engage in the campus community so they can have a real impact on student satisfaction and retention.
We explore creative strategies to revitalize staff involvement in campus culture and discuss what’s needed to move forward, overcoming the impact of the pandemic. Plus, we look at ways to combat the impending challenges of the enrollment cliff. Our presenter addresses how to regain that sense of community, reintroduce traditions, and create a community that embraces each other and a robust campus life.
The collegiate experience is special — and it still very much has a place today. Get your campus community interacting, participating in activities, supporting events, and reaching out in ways that matter to your students. Create a collegiate experience that is engaging and satisfying for all students!
As a result of this online training, participants will be able to:
- Define essential cultural and engagement elements that have changed or are missing because of the pandemic – overcome the impact by re-establishing the sense of community and prioritizing the programs that make your campus community special.
- Identify the challenges of implementing events exactly as they were prior to the pandemic and the expected involvement from your faculty and staff – embrace the important elements of your campus traditions, programs and events and work with your staff to get them involved in the way that will have the most impact on students, while also balancing staff expectations for work/life balance.
- Think strategically about what programs make the most sense – allocate human and fiscal resources smartly so that you can avoid burning out those who must do more with less.
- Express enthusiasm for the benefits of the collegiate experience – revitalize your staff involvement in campus culture so you can combat the impacts of the pandemic and the impending enrollment cliff.
Dr. Gregory J. (Greg) Nayor currently serves as the Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Daemen College in Amherst, NY.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on