Foster Growth, Open Dialogue, Shared Success, and Individual & Team Leadership Development
Your competence and confidence as an advisor are essential to the development of your students and student organizations. Create a solid framework for your – and your students’ – success that embraces personal strengths, addresses challenges, and encourages individual and team leadership development. Your student organizations – and you as a professional – will have the ability to flourish as a result.
Whether you are a first-time advisor or a seasoned professional, it is imperative that you understand your impact and influence. COVID has required staff, faculty and administrators to support and engage with students in new ways – and to help them to engage within the campus community. It isn’t a question of do you influence, rather it is essential to understand what sort of influence you have. Ensure you create and foster an advisory approach that reflects your leadership style and promotes growth, open dialogue and shared success – and aligns with your institution’s mission.
Our presenter will help you discover critical skills you need to improve the way you advise, mentor, and communicate to maximize today’s students’ success and increase the positive impact they have on campus life.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Identify your advisor competencies and challenges to improve your impact and influence on the students your work with – generate positive experiences and interactions with those you advise to ensure their growth and success.
- Apply Appreciative Advising strategies – create specific leadership development plans for students and their organizations to positively impact campus life.
- Develop a personal advising/mentoring approach that reflects your leadership style – improve your competence and confidence levels, promote opportunities for growth, encourage open dialogue and increase your scope of influence.
- Understand and utilize the Advising Skills Grid (Relational, Technical, Tactical, Practical) – advance your advising success to better serve your students and ensure alignment with your institutional mission to help everyone flourish together.
- Ensure you create and foster an advisory approach that reflects your leadership style – promote growth, open dialogue, shared success and align with your institution’s mission.
Samantha Broaddus currently serves as the Assistant Director of Campus Engagement at Cleveland State University. She is a mid-level professional, who has worked in higher education, in many capacities, including both undergraduate and graduate admissions, success coaching, student activities and more for almost 15 years.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on