New Risk Management, Legal Liability and Critical Considerations to Protect Travelers and Your Institution
Higher education institutions are now assessing, adapting and revising how they can safely incorporate the high-impact practice of study abroad as an academic opportunity for students. There are ongoing critical considerations surrounding the safety, evolving risk factors, financial implications, and contingency plans/policies that need to be in place to mitigate risk and institutional liability.
Join our expert presenters who both have extensive international, travel abroad, and risk management experience, as they share their firsthand knowledge and experience with the crisis the pandemic caused and how they have adapted every aspect of planning, training, and execution of their comprehensive study abroad programs. They cover the essential building blocks of sound risk management protocols.
Ensure your programs thrive, incorporate best practices and lessons learned, safeguard your travelers and minimize your institution’s liability.
At the conclusion of this 90-minute webinar, participants will be able to:
- Outline a strategically tiered approach to return to, and continue, travel abroad — consider the evolving factors that may impact your program to develop response protocols that protect your students, staff and institution from risk.
- Implement proactive strategies for developing a comprehensive training and pre-departure program for those who participate in travel abroad experiences – educate students, faculty, and staff on risk management and response protocols before they leave the country.
- Engage key stakeholders to assess your institution’s risk tolerance and create proactive and agile contingency plans for your study abroad programs – learn what resources you need to improve your current response protocols so you can keep your students, and your institution, safe from risk and legal exposure.
- Develop effective strategies that address international partners, appropriate international travel leader selection, and effective education and training for students and travel leaders – incorporate best practices and lessons learned to allow your travel abroad programs to thrive.
Attorney Marti Fessenden currently serves as Special Counsel to the President at Agnes Scott College and Founder of The Fessenden Firm/Higher Ed Advise.
Click here for full bio.
Whitney Longnecker currently serves as the Director of Study Abroad at Texas Tech University.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.