Thursday, February 24, 2022
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
New Considerations for Pre-Departure Protocols to Minimize Risk
Colleges and universities continue to prioritize global learning opportunities for students even with the challenges presented by the pandemic, but this certainly isn’t without complexities. Now is the time for institutions to re-evaluate all study abroad program aspects and updates to improve trip leader selection and training practices with the lessons learned. The selection, but particularly the training process, for faculty leaders and student participants, plays a vital role in risk mitigation and prepares them to respond appropriately and effectively when faced with a crisis.
Join us on Thursday, February 24, 2022, and in 90 minutes our expert presenter will help you and your colleagues better understand how to implement a comprehensive trip leader selection process, new considerations for essential pre-departure training and best practices for faculty-led study abroad programs.
Having the right protocols in place can help reduce your liability substantially. Deliberate program leader selection practices, combined with comprehensive training and pre-departure programs for international travel and faculty-led study abroad programming, will safeguard against liability and put key risk management strategies in place, so you can mitigate lawsuits and reduce the risk of tragedies.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand how travel preparations and risks have changed because of COVID-19 – safeguard against legal gaps and put key risk management strategies in place for your trip leaders before they leave your campus.
- Evaluate current trip leader selection and training protocols – implement a deliberate selection process and a comprehensive training and pre-departure program to mitigate risk and ensure appropriate response when faced with a crisis.
- Identify key stakeholders to create an all-inclusive and proactive emergency action plan for your study abroad program leaders – learn what resources you need to improve your current programs, so you can keep your students, and your institution, safe from risk and legal exposure.
- Recognize potential challenges study abroad program leaders may encounter – develop practical and easy to follow response protocols that mitigate them, so they aren’t caught off guard and scrambling to respond appropriately.
- Incorporate best practices for your current overseas program leader training programs – learn what resources you can incorporate into your current programs to improve competence and confidence in your trip leaders and to minimize institutional risk.
Whitney Longnecker currently serves as the Director of Study Abroad at Texas Tech University.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available 24-48 hours after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you 24 hours following the live webinar. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-295-0505.
For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.