Solutions to Manage, Track, Communicate, Document within a Student Support Realm
Most who work in campus communities weren’t "built" for supervising in a remote campus environment. Whether it’s advising, student affairs, student life, student services, support, athletics or others — your training and experience centers on creating positive, in-person experiences that offer transformational opportunities.
Higher ed professionals across the country are working with teams that are experiencing fatigue, managing personal and professional uncertainty, anticipating possible personal or colleague staffing changes, and struggling with any sense of normalcy in work /life blend or balance.
Balancing remote teams, hybrid teams, and full return teams with health and safety restrictions has presented unprecedented challenges. Your role as a supervisor has also changed. The need to manage time effectively, create deadlines and hold one another accountable is stronger than ever. The ability to maximize your strengths and lead your teams with confidence is critical to your success.
Our expert presenter offers crucial, actionable takeaways on the very real, daily issues that you face as a supervisor and offer practical solutions for management, communication, tracking and documenting challenging staff and situations to improve performance for the future. Focus on leading your team and identify specific strategies to inspire, motivate and support your staff.
Walk away with the tools to target the specific areas where you are experiencing stress or challenges that you can put in place tomorrow to improve effectiveness, accountability and morale.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Discover and implement five key strategies that will help you better manage, support and lead your student services team in a remote or hybrid environment — maximize your strengths and lead your teams with confidence so you can propel your teams toward success.
- Utilize effective communication methods and language to provide direct feedback to improve employee productivity — gain tools for the specific work you do on campus so you can keep your teams on track.
- Identify key strategies for managing staff who are underperforming in their roles to improve performance and outcomes — gain practical solutions for management, communication, tracking and documenting challenging staff and situations to improve future performance.
- Implement processes to remove silos and develop a framework for teamwork between remote and hybrid teams that creates a balance of autonomy and synergy on work products — maintain and improve morale, a sense of purpose and hope, and a reminder of the importance of the work your staff is doing, even if it’s from afar.
Dr. Cathy Briggs is the Dean of Student Success at Rowan College at Burlington County (RCBC). In her current role, she leads a team within the Enrollment Management and Student Success Division consisting of Academic Advising, Athletics, Tutoring, Testing, Student Support and several student life programs and off site centers.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.