Mitigate Risk and Exposure to Costly Lawsuits
Be proactive, mitigate risk and limit exposure to liability for student groups, their advisors, and your institution.
Colleges and universities consistently struggle with risk management when it comes to supporting and overseeing student organizations and their advisors. Institutions know that with all the benefits that come with having student organizations on campus, also come great risks.
Managing a robust student activities program on a college campus is more than just implementing creative ideas. It also requires a keen eye on protocol and the law, training advisors and students alike on what to watch out for and what pitfalls to avoid.
Our seasoned and engaging expert outlines the top 10 legal mistakes made by student organizations and their advisors and how institutions can prevent them. Participants will examine the dangers associated with each mistake and learn what proactive measures can be implemented to avoid them.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Examine the top ten legal mistakes made by student organizations and their advisors – avoid these mistakes at your institution.
- Know what negligence is and how it applies to student organizations and their advisors. How do they avoid breaching duties to students, community members and others?
- Understand liability – and how one legal mistake can create liability not just for the institution, but also the student organizations’ advisors and individual members, as well as their parents and guardians. Avoid significant financial and reputational implications.
- Create education and training programs that minimize legal risk for off-campus trips or events – mitigate risk by preparing your students and advisors prior to them leaving campus.
- Provide comprehensive training for your advisors – help them balance liability with engagement.
Dr. Gregory J. (Greg) Nayor currently serves as the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at Daemen College in Amherst, NY. In this capacity, Dr. Nayor provides leadership to all areas of student affairs, enrollment management, and over-arching strategic initiatives for the College.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.