Optimize Restorative Outcomes to Support Your Conduct Process
Mediation and restorative justice practices are gaining traction in Title IX cases to support the conduct process and offer a viable option to students. Adopted from processes that have been successful in faculty and staff cases, these alternative options allow individuals to find resolution and institutions to uphold a commitment to community member accountability.
You can utilize case law, recent resolution agreements, state statutes and the proposed regulations to understand how to incorporate mediation and other informal resolution processes into a framework that emphasizes the educational component of your judicial process.
This webinar will guide you in using mediation and informal resolution processes as an opportunity for restorative outcomes and as a supportive partner to the educational aspects of college conduct.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Assess your current policies to determine if they can incorporate these new methodologies and still ensure compliance.
- Understand the role of the mediator so you can determine who at your institution may be best suited for training and to serve in this capacity.
- Process the initial request, the structure, "escape valves" should parties want/need to transition to a formal process, the imposition of an outcome and subsequent follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Expand beyond the typical sanctions issued in the conduct process and provide the opportunity for mutual agreement on outcomes that ensure success in the mediation process.
Amber L. Resetar is the Director of Title IX and Clery Compliance at the University of North Carolina Wilmington and previously served in a conduct role at Bethany College in West Virginia.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.