Build A Culture of Exemplary Customer Service
Students and parents expect a high level of customer service, and institutions are held to high-performance metrics and standards as customer service trends are changing nationwide. Frontline staff are the frontlines of managing all sorts of people and personalities, some of which can at times be challenging. They can be the first impression of an institution and represent the face or voice of that institution. The role can be demanding and trying, so staff need to be well trained, have confidence and be able to get help when a situation becomes more than they can handle.
Join our expert presenter for this online training where she discusses building a culture of exemplary customer service, starting with your frontline student staff. This is a critical time for your department to ensure your student frontline workers embrace a customer service culture to ensure “customers” feel wanted, understood, appreciated, and valued, allowing them to create positive solutions, even for those who present difficulty or disruption.
Student workers are not “just” student workers. They are employees that are learning how to be professionals, and institutions should provide a space with high expectations to create a robust training ground. Utilizing your student staff at a high level with high expectations allows for learning outcomes that can build their resume, allow them to build buy-in, and possibly build a professional staff pipeline.
Gain actionable takeaways so you can:
- Have the tools to begin the conversations to re-set priorities and expectations with your student staff around customer service – stay competitive and relevant by setting new standards and service levels of customer service for your office.
- Establish new expectations that raise the standards for your student staffs – train them well so they have confidence to handle situations that arise and to de-escalate heated situations in a professional manner.
- Rethink training programs and processes with their student staff teams – create a robust training ground so your student staff members know when to pause and get help in meeting the overwhelming, and sometimes outrageous, demands of today’s students, parents and visitors.
- Set new departmental goals and expectations for your frontline student employees – foster a culture that focuses on creating positive outcomes, defusing difficult situations and leading to positive service experiences.
- Develop a new student staff hiring, training and evaluation program – set learning expectations and evaluate training effectiveness, improve service and overall operations, and increase student employee retention and well-being.
Dr. Cathy Briggs is currently the Dean of Student Success at Rowan College at Burlington County (RCBC) in New Jersey.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.