Re-Set Priorities and Standards to Improve Service & Operations
As more students transition back to in-person campus jobs, or start one for the first time, there is a great opportunity for offices and supervisors to re-set priorities, adapt training, set standards, and establish new customer service expectations. Ensure your student employees are well trained, exude confidence and have the necessary skills to handle your department’s expectations effectively.
Gather your staff who supervise student employees for this valuable educational opportunity. Our presenter highlights ways in which you can adapt current organizational policies and procedures to empower your frontline student workers and ensure they provide outstanding customer service, especially in light of the unique circumstances and considerations that have developed over the past 16+ months on your campus, nationally and globally.
This is a critical time for your department to ensure your student frontline workers embrace a customer service culture to ensure “customers” feel wanted, understood, appreciated, and valued, allowing them to create positive solutions, even for those who present difficulty or disruption.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of today’s college students and their impact on service expectations – ensure your student workers are provided training that includes knowledge of service principles and expectations to provide high-quality customer service.
- Create a culture that focuses on setting new standards in “customer” service – empower your staff to effectively manage a wide range of personalities and situations they will encounter while upholding your institution’s policies and values.
- Adapt current organizational procedures, policies, and strategies to empower frontline student staff to feel confident and secure in their response protocol – give them the confidence and tools they need to respond in a way that meets – or exceeds – your expectations.
- Set new departmental goals and expectations for your frontline student employees – foster a culture that focuses on creating positive outcomes, defusing difficult situations and leading to positive service experiences.
- Develop a new student staff hiring, training, and evaluation program – set learning expectations and evaluate training effectiveness, improve service and overall operations, and increase student employee retention and well-being.
Emily Schlittenhart is the current Director of Enrollment Management overseeing Enrollment and Student Services for Northern Arizona University’s (NAU) main Flagstaff Campus.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.