Much of the script is still being written on transportation — and discipline — of special needs students and those who are medically fragile or technologically dependent. Now there are federal regulations and industry standards that govern wheelchair tie-downs and occupant restraints on school buses. Are you in compliance? Transporting Students with Disabilities & Special Needs is right there with you, helping you get your students where they need to go in the safest manner possible.
Transporting Students with Disabilities & Special Needs is an eight-page digital publication written exclusively for you — the special needs transportation professional. It gives you timely, specific, comprehensive news and information you need to best serve our special needs kids.
Transporting Students with Disabilities & Special Needs helps you avoid mistakes made in other school districts. It connects a nationwide network and shares information about what's happening in other states and what could mean more liability — or easier answers — for you. No other publication offers 8 full pages specifically written for special needs transportation.
Transporting Students with Disabilities & Special Needs is published monthly 12 times per year.
Transporting Students with Disabilities & Special Needs helps you stay current on:
- School transportation staff employment planning
- Transporting food to students participating in remote learning
- Normalizing mask-wearing in school and on the bus
- What to do when drivers test positive for COVID-19
- Transportation staff self-care initiatives
- Driver-attendant training techniques
- State mandates on special needs safety
- Legal decisions
- Improved wheelchair standards
- Assistive technology
- IEP component development
- Disciplining students
- Head Start requirements
- Pre-school seating standards
- New generation child safety restraints
Inside Transporting Students with Disabilities & Special Needs you get specific, practical solutions to your everyday challenges. This publication is the special needs transportation community's leading source of up-to-the-minute information. With no advertisers to appease, simply put you get clear concise news with special features that provide specific, practical solutions to your everyday challenges.
Your Annual Subscription Includes:
- 12 digital issues per year
- PDF delivery to your email inbox
- Site License allowing you to distribute the content to your entire school community
- Special reports on top K-12 issues facing educators today