Reduce Liability, Maximize Safety and Minimize Risk
Travel abroad emergencies are a reality that keep trip leaders and campus administrators up at night – many fear that a worst-case scenario could become a reality. It is imperative that you educate, inform and train to keep your travelers safe. Conducting an annual tabletop training exercise will safeguard against legal gaps and put key risk management strategies in place so you can avoid headline news.
Join our expert presenters as they share their firsthand experience with travel abroad emergencies and guide you through this critical safety topic, so you can conduct a comprehensive, all-hazards approach tabletop exercise on your campus. Position your programs to maximize safety and minimize participant and institutional risk.
You’ll gain strategies for planning an effective tabletop exercise that is realistic, timely and relevant, in addition to the skills needed to successfully navigate your response, reaction and recovery.
At the conclusion of this online training, participants will be able to:
- Implement proactive strategies for developing a critical tabletop training program for those who participate in travel abroad experiences– educate students, faculty and staff on situational awareness, response, reaction protocols and recovery from a travel abroad emergency.
- Utilize a risk-benefit matrix to balance educational value with liability and safety when traveling abroad – develop a comprehensive training program for your students, staff, and faculty BEFORE they leave the U.S. so that they can mitigate risk, respond appropriately to emergency situations, and protect the integrity of your institution’s academic mission.
- Identify key stakeholders to create an all-inclusive and proactive training plan for your study abroad programs – learn what resources you need to improve your current response protocols so you can keep your students, and your institution, safe from risk and legal exposure.
- Recognize potential dangers and emergencies that could occur with study abroad programming and practice through tabletop training with key stakeholders – develop solutions that mitigate them, so you aren’t caught off guard and scrambling to respond.
- Cite current legal precedence, incidents and lawsuits to gain the necessary resources for impactful tabletop training – increase your awareness of on-going threats, policy enforcement, and adherence to mandated reporting practices.
Dr. Grant L. Azdell currently serves as the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, and is a Professor at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia.
Click here for full bio.
Susan Parker is Associate Provost and Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia. She is also responsible for the strategic leadership and administrative oversight for the Office of International Education.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.