Engage and Retain from Day One
Involve, engage and retain your students from their first day on campus through to turning their tassel at graduation!
Welcome week and fall orientation programs provide a unique opportunity for universities to welcome all students to campus and allows for a smooth transition, validates their decision to attend your institution and encourages them to be a part of the larger campus community
Discover innovative programming strategies, campus collaboration, marketing, parent and family engagement, student staffing, visioning for future programming and more, so you can present a successful welcome week to your campus community. Explore a successful model that has evolved and changed due to the pandemic and draw from years of experience in offering large-scale welcome week programming at Colorado State University in a way that will allow you to re-energize your program and adapt the information to your program.
You’ll be able to engage and energize your students, so they start off the year in the right frame of mind, connect to your institution and feel like they are a part of something great. Work together with campus partners to create a seamless approach.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Explore and adapt a relevant and impactful model for a welcome week program – you don’t have to reinvent the wheel!
- Identify the components of a successful welcome week program and considerations for evolving and changing your welcome week model coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic – determine what to keep and what you’ll change to better engage and energize your students, so they start off the year in the right direction and make positive connections to your institution.
- Identify necessary campus partnerships to develop or enhance welcome week programs – work together to create a seamless approach so students don’t fall through the cracks… you’ll improve your overall retention!
- View welcome week as an opportunity for engagement of parents and families – enhance and adjust your model to better meet the evolving needs and behaviors of parents and families.
- Discover tools for recruiting, selecting and training student staffing for welcome week/fall orientation programs, as well as general staffing models for these large-scale programs – ensure your staff is ready to go to set a positive tone for the 2022-23 academic year.
Keith Lopez is the Associate Director of Orientation and Transition Programs at Colorado State University.
Click here for full bio.
Colette Sterling is a second year candidate in the Student Affairs in Higher Education program at Colorado State University.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.