Tuesday, March 15, 2022
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Support to Better Meet Their Needs
Close to 50 percent of students who are currently enrolled in colleges and universities in the United States are older than 25 — yet they remain the most underserved group in higher education. By not providing a learning environment where they can thrive, they become disillusioned, frustrated, and isolated, often withdrawing from campus.
This on-demand training dives into initiatives that have had success improving engagement, retention, and completion rates among adult students. Our expert presenter will help you understand the significant impact transitioning to virtual learning had on adult learners, identify the strategies that were working pre-pandemic and continue to show success in a blended environment, and provide content from both researched-based programs and identified best practices that are making an impact in the classroom, online, and throughout the delivery of adult learner support services.
Exceed adult learners’ expectations by accommodating their unique learning styles by integrating them into campus support services in a way that meets their lifestyle. These accommodations will remove barriers to their success and allow them to be engaged and thrive at your institution.
As a result of this webinar, you and your team will be able to:
- Discover and implement successful strategies to engage adult student learners in and outside of the classroom - utilize existing staff and resources to provide wrap-around services that provide holistic support.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of current adult learner needs – create strategies through targeted programs and support services to help them be engaged, satisfied and successful.
- Identify current college and university policies, procedures, processes, and teaching pedagogies that support adult students – remove barriers to their success by providing the necessary resources and training for faculty and campus staff to best serve and teach this diverse population.
- Recognize adult learners’ unique beliefs about their own personal and academic abilities - provide individualized strategies and resources to allow them to overcome barriers to degree completion.
- Understand the significant impact of the virtual education environment on all students, specifically adult learners – determine what strategies and programs are working and incorporate best practice in the classroom, online and throughout the delivery of support services.
Dr. Cathy Briggs is currently the Dean of Student Success at Rowan College at Burlington County (RCBC) in New Jersey.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Purchase
- 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for access are available immediately upon checkout. You may share this On-Demand Training with any staff members from your campus community for unlimited viewing. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.