Targeted Strategies to Engage & Empower Students Through Graduation
“Administrators anticipate that students grappling with the financial and psychological impacts of the virus could choose to stay closer to home, go to less expensive schools, take a year off or not go to college at all. A higher education trade group has predicted a 15 percent drop in enrollment nationwide, amounting to a $23 billion revenue loss.”
The New York Times, 4/15/20
Students bring their struggles with them to your campus — from budget constraints to mental health concerns and more — and these daily life challenges can adversely affect their ability to pursue higher education through graduation.
Taking proactive steps to address student struggles before they transfer or drop out will give them a better chance at achieving their educational goals — and minimize the negative effect a low retention rate can have on your institution's bottom line.
Plus, a high retention rate signals to prospective students that the living and learning environment at your institution will be conducive to their success and satisfaction.
Now more than ever student retention is critical. COVID-19 will continue to make pursuing a college degree challenging for many. Make retention a campus-wide priority now with 25 Campus Retention & Persistence Initiatives: Targeted Strategies to Engage & Empower Students Through Graduation.
With the ready-made tools inside this 130+ page resources, you will be able to:
- Reduce attrition to avoid losing tuition revenue
- Build a campus-wide commitment to retention and persistence, both remotely and in-person
- Help students forge deeper ties with your campus
The 130+ page 25 Campus Retention & Persistence Initiatives: Targeted Strategies to Engage & Empower Students Through Graduation Binder helps you address the mental, emotional, social, financial and academic needs that directly impact a students' ability — and desire — to stay on your campus.
The 25 retention and persistence initiatives inside will help you:
- Address Basic Needs Insecurity
- Train Success Coaches
- “Nudge” Students Who Need It
- Provide Housing Assistance
- Support Adult Student Learners
- Support First-Generation Students
- Support Foster Youth
- Support Student Veterans
- Support Student Parents
- Support Low-Income Students
- Engage Distance and Online Learners
- Build a Campus-Wide Support System
- Offer Completion Grants
- Help Students Get Grants & Scholarships
- Tap into Alumni Networks
- Implement Peer Mentoring Initiatives
- Engage Parents and Family Members
- Provide Mental and Emotional Health Support
- Create Retention-Specific Professional Positions
- Strengthen Academic Support Services
- Foster Grit and Resilience
- Prevent Stop-outs from Becoming Dropouts
- Develop Retention-Related Co-curricular Activities
- Foster a Sense of Belonging & Purpose
- Tap into Predictive Analytics
Take a multi-pronged approach to retention that addresses students' critical living and learning challenges with the 25 Campus Retention & Persistence Initiatives: Targeted Strategies to Engage & Empower Students Through Graduation Binder!
Save Time & Effort Implementing Retention & Persistence Initiatives!
When you order the new 25 Campus Retention & Persistence Initiatives Binder, you'll receive multiple ideas for improving outcomes for all students — especially your at-risk and traditionally disadvantaged college populations.
This 130+ page resource spotlights successful initiatives from a variety of campuses helping students reach the graduation finish line.
Each of the 25 initiatives is complete with everything you need to:
- Implement your efforts with relevant statistics and recent research that will help you get buy-in from key stakeholders
- Drive intentional, proactive conversations about impacting retention using ready-made discussion questions and key takeaways
- Save energy training staff with tangible tools including targeted worksheets, checklists, handouts and more
- Adapt best practices from other campuses and explore additional resources — the research has been done for you!
Plus, your purchase includes a site license to share with your staff and campus community – perfect for your remote training initiatives!
Don't delay — order today to equip your campus administrators with tangible tools for boosting retention, persistence and completion.
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download – includes a printed copy of this resource as well as digital access to the enclosed materials and accompanying license to share with your campus community. Price includes $9 shipping fee.
- Digital Download Only – includes digital access to this resource and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Upon purchase, the instructions for downloading this resource will be immediately available. For questions, email email@example.com.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on