Training Campus Groups Efficiently and Effectively on Targeted Topics
Students today are facing so many challenges, many of which staff members feel pressure to help them overcome. Student workers, entry-level professionals, support staff and middle-management employees only have so much mental and emotional bandwidth to offer. They need targeted training to address today’s student and societal issues in a consistent, effective manner.
The 60-Minute In-Service and Staff Development Sessions guide serves this necessary training purpose without being overwhelming and adding one more responsibility to trainers’ plates. You’ll be prepared to deliver 10 targeted 60-minute training sessions with content that is already researched, developed and prepared. Get everything you need to provide an overview of the topic, including key talking and discussion points, at the ready. Open each in-service and go! Your staff will also benefit from handouts, worksheets, case studies and group activities to help bring the topic to life.
In addition, each of the 10 in-services will include a one-page infographic spotlighting key takeaways to help the learning linger once 60 minutes are up.
This 120-page resource includes the following in-service topics:
- Create a Culture of Belonging and Inclusion
- Engage Students Their Way: Promote Involvement, Create Opportunities and Get Them Out of Their Rooms!
- Avoid Burnout: Healthy Ways to Handle Emotional Labor and Protect Your Well-Being
- Support Students’ Mental Health and Well-Being: Recognize Top Concerns, Make Effective Referrals and Help Students Get the Support They Need
- Be a Part of the Retention/Persistence Solution
- Develop Your Emotional Intelligence and a Strong Empathy Skillset to Positively Connect with Colleagues and Campus Community Members
- Move from Disconnection to Connection: The Student Loneliness and Social Isolation Epidemic
- Explore Gender Identity Issues and Impacts
- Help First-Year Students Thrive
- 10 Things to Know About Today’s Students
Plus, your purchase also includes a site license to share with your staff and campus community!
Two Versions to Choose From
Printed with Digital Download and Online Access – includes a printed copy of this resource as well as digital access to the enclosed materials and accompanying license to share with your campus community. Price includes $9 shipping fee.
- Digital Download and Online Access Only – includes digital access to this resource and accompanying license to share with your campus community.
Upon purchase, the instructions for downloading this resource will be immediately available. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on