Tuesday, January 16, 2024
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Lead Simulations and Scenarios to Prepare Your Campus
While most campus police agencies are trained in active shooter response protocols, campus-wide understanding of the challenges, as well as community responses to an active shooter, is typically lacking. With a lack of understanding comes fear, and with fear there is a likelihood that community members will not react in ways that will protect their lives.
You must continually work to keep fear to a minimum and confidence high should chaos erupt on your campus.
Join your colleagues from across the country on January 16, 2024 when our expert presenter - Tony Callisto, recently retired Senior Vice President for Safety & Chief Law Enforcement Officer for Syracuse University and the principal consultant with Callisto Consulting – will guide you through this critical safety topic and tabletop exercise from planning, materials needed, resources to include, decision matrix to post tabletop evaluation and after-action report.
You’ll gain insight into the three critical phases to manage an active shooter from response and reaction to recovery. Instill confidence that your campus will be prepared should the unthinkable occur.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Implement proactive strategies for engaging the community regarding preparation for terrorist acts of violence and active killers on campus.
- Develop basic plans for the phases of active shooter tabletop training – from prevention communication, to scenarios development, to post event evaluation – to ensure participants are informed, engaged and leave with confidence and response acumen.
- Plan for an all-hazards approach plan for crisis response that involves advanced planning with local emergency management, police and other first responders, prior to when an active crisis occurs.
- Plan and implement thorough and detailed campus active shooter drills and tabletop exercises based on building understanding, resiliency and an ability to act, so you can prepare and train your campus for the worst before it becomes a reality.
- Learn how to develop and lead acts of violence/active killer simulation scenarios that you can employ on your campus for better preparation and response should a tragic incident occur.
Tony Callisto recently retired as the Senior Vice President for Safety & Chief Law Enforcement Officer for Syracuse University, managing law enforcement, security, fire safety, environmental health, emergency management, risk management, regulatory compliance, and parking and transit services. He serves as the principal consultant with Callisto Consulting.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Access for your entire team for one low price
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on