Thursday, April 18, 2024
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Assess Your Current Policies & Procedures
The pressure for institutions to stay current with all aspects of rules and regulations surrounding ADA compliance can be a challenge. Avoid costly mistakes by conducting an ADA audit to uncover potential accessibility compliance deficits and create a remediation plan to ensure you are compliant with federal legislation.
Join us on April 18, 2024, as we examine ADA compliance and expand your knowledge and confidence, with a specific focus on best practices in the following areas:
Web Content Accessibility
Animals on Campus (ESA and Service)
Reasonable Accommodations – in and out of the classroom
Accessibility Inclusive Campus Policies and Procedures
Disability awareness training for faculty and staff
You’ll leave the webinar prepared to accurately assess your current policies and procedures to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities on your campus – and ensure you are compliant with federal legislation.
You will gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Review and understand key issues in disability management on today’s campus.
- Understand the process for determining reasonable accommodation for students both in and out of the classroom.
- Provide essential resources to faculty and staff who coordinate campus services to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Avoid lawsuits, compliance complications and confusion on accommodations in campus housing, transportation, and academic/co-curricular activities.
- Provide an integrated and innovative environment that supports, fosters and provides students with self-advocacy to ensure equal access to all campus resources.
- Engage key stakeholders to perform an ADA audit for measuring success or remediation needs to ensure campus-wide implementation of accommodations and compliance.
Daiquiri Steele, J.D., Ph.D. currently serves as an Assistant Professor of Law at the University of Alabama Law School. Professor Steele originally joined The University of Alabama School of Law in a hybrid administrative/faculty role as Director of Diversity & Inclusion and Assistant Professor of Law in Residence in 2016. From 2019-2021, she served as a Forrester Fellow at Tulane University Law School before rejoining the Alabama Law faculty.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Access for your entire team for one low price
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email email@example.com.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on