Thursday, December 7, 2023
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Determine, Document and Implement Reasonable Accommodations
Keeping up with the ever-evolving ADA rules and regulations can seem overwhelming and tedious at times. For faculty and staff especially, understanding and complying with federal regulations within the classroom can be a confusing task.
Join us on December 7, 2023, when we will explore in detail determining, documenting and implementing reasonable accommodations for students.
You’ll be able to immediately apply what you have learned after our expert presenter provides in-person and online course case study examples, best practices and key takeaways to ensure you remain in compliance.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Comprehend what your Institutional rights and responsibilities are so you can avoid lawsuits, confusion and non-compliance.
- Effectively engage with students in the accommodation facilitation process to ensure their rights are being upheld without overburdening your academic leaders.
- Understand the process for determining reasonable accommodations for your students in the classrooms to adequately meet valid requests and clearly communicate to them when requests cannot be met.
- Explore innovative concepts regarding the intersectionality of disability, diversity, and universal design for learning.
- Discover strategies to enhance collaboration with key offices on campus.
- Proactively decrease barriers to learning so students can successfully engage, persist, and graduate.
Dr. Ann Knettler currently serves as the Vice President of Educational Leadership for AbleDocs, the world leader in digital accessibility. She is an active faculty member in the Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership and Master of Public Administration Programs at Delaware State University.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Access for your entire team for one low price
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on