Thursday, March 28, 2024
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Policies and Procedures to Maintain Fair and Accessible Processes & Ensure Compliance
The mental health challenges students are facing today place a high demand on staff and professionals across campus, including disability service professionals. Determining accommodations can be an overwhelming and time-consuming process, as campus staff, faculty and administrators strive to make education accessible and equitable for all students.
Join us on Thursday, March 28, 2024, when our expert presenter will review the nuanced considerations related to mental health services and supports; when and how ADA/504 applies to psychological/psychiatric conditions; the importance of documentation; and the need for consistent processes and procedures to avoid noncompliance.
Participants will gain insight and actionable takeaways to:
- Explore nuanced considerations related to mental health services and ADA accommodations to best support your students’ academic and social needs.
- Identify integral information to assist with accommodation determinations and/or other campus supports to overcome access barriers.
- Analyze whether an accommodation contraindicates the disability and can potentially have a negative effect on a student’s well-being or health.
- Develop campus wide consistent processes and procedures to address accommodation determinations and implementations.
- Build campus partnerships between disability offices and the larger campus community to educate on inclusive practices to support students to ensure inclusion and accessibility for all students.
- Develop or improve programs to discuss mental health issues with faculty and staff – ensure that health of the mind is part of your institution’s mission so everyone can work together in ensuring the overall health and well-being of your students.
Attorney Desiree Klemm-Kafel currently serves at the Assistant Director of Disability Resources at Washington University in St. Louis.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Access for your entire team for one low price
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on