Tuesday, September 26, 2023
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Take Your Assessment Efforts to the Next Level To Make Informed Decisions
As resources get tighter and calls for accountability rise, going beyond measuring what you do to its impact requires taking assessment to the next level. Sometimes it’s hard or even frustrating to articulate the intended impact of our work and even more difficult to demonstrate that impact using data to others.
How is measuring impact different from some other “every day” assessment activities?
How do you gather information that tells the effect your work is having as opposed to what you are doing?
When is assessing a specific outcome the same as impact and when is it different?
Switching how and what data you gather may help you tell a stronger story about your work.
Join us on September 26, 2023 when our expert presenter will offer strategies to tell how your work influences outcomes such as student success, institutional mission and/or goals. In addition, you’ll explore how to define what impact means in your work, develop a strategy to measure impact, and clearly articulate impact to your constituencies.
Avoid the pitfalls! Go beyond the “what” of student success – truly determine how individual programs and services are influencing student success so you can make informed decisions about how to best use and allocate scarce resources.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Understand the differences between assessing impact vs. other kinds of assessments – utilize data more effectively to tell your story, make reliable data-based decisions and advocate for resources.
- Define the impact of an office or program – best meet student, departmental and institutional needs.
- Clearly articulate goals and outcomes related to the intended impact – tell your story to the appropriate stakeholders in a way that makes sense to them.
- Devise a strategy for determining if impact is being made – implement proven tools and tips based on best practices to support the development of a strong culture of assessment on your campus.
- Use data to tell the story of impact – apply concepts of storytelling to messaging through data.
Dr. Kimberly Yousey-Elsener is the Senior Manager of Career Data and Research at The Career Leadership Collective.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available 24-48 hours after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on