Monday, December 11, 2023
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Effectively Translate Your Numbers Into Usable Information
Not everyone in higher education is trained as a statistician and yet everyone has been called upon to utilize data. Whether the goal of using data is to improve learning or services, tell stories, make decisions, for accountability or to gain valuable resources, having a basic understanding of numbers, how they can be used and how to translate them into your work has become an essential skill in higher education. Many people who have no background in statistics can experience fear, low confidence and simply avoid using data and information. Or they take a chance in using data only to have their data questioned by others or continue to question themselves.
Join us on December 11, 2023 when our expert presenter will breakdown how easy it can be for everyone to learn how to use and interpret numbers. You’ll explore terms and vocabulary to build a strong foundational understanding and dispel some myths about what numbers mean through opportunities to practice and the exploration of resources on how to capitalize on technology to help.
translate your numbers into usable information.
Gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Understand the concepts that make up statistics and how those concepts can help you when interpreting and using data.
- Determine which statistic to use in various situations in your practices so you can accurately assess and effectively report on your findings.
- Interpret numerical data into useful information to tell a story to a specific audience.
- Learn how to access resources available to you in a way that is user-friendly, even if you are a “non-statistics” person or someone without an assessment background.
Dr. Kimberly Yousey-Elsener is the Senior Manager of Career Data and Research at Lightcast.
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Access for your entire team for one low price
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on