Wednesday, April 10, 2024
2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
Procure Funding, Operate a Process & Manage Vulnerable Students’ Needs
More and more college students are facing food and housing insecurity. They are struggling with whether to stay in school or searching for alternatives to meet their financial needs. Research has shown that students who are not able to meet their basic needs, or who experience stress around meeting those needs, are less able to focus on their academic work. Students who are hungry may be unable to be successful in the classroom. If parenting students don’t know where their kids are sleeping at night, their focus is on their housing, not on classes. To retain students, universities have to look at student needs holistically and provide opportunities to address basic needs access.
Systematically support vulnerable populations by procuring grant funding, developing a process and managing vulnerable students’ needs.
Join us on April 10, 2024, when our presenter will discuss the emergency grant process from design to implementation. You’ll explore various strategies for fund seeking – including grant writing, donor relations and advancement, student involvement, day of giving promotions, and state/government funding streams.
Prioritize basic needs and design structures that support basic needs access for all students.
You’ll gain crucial, actionable takeaways that will help you:
- Explore various strategies for seeking financial support and the development/operations of a program.
- Discuss the emergency grant process from design to implementation.
- Review best practices from benchmarking and the Hope Center.
- Recognize the growing concern that is access to basic needs and the importance of systematically supporting vulnerable populations.
- Offer creative solutions for addressing needs on campus.
Ali Martin Scoufield (she/her) is a scholar-practitioner with twenty years of experience working and leading in higher education. Ali believes in the importance of blending research with practical application and demonstrates this as a Doctoral Teaching Fellow and Research Assistant at Cleveland State University (CSU).
Click here for full bio.
Included When You Register
Invite your entire team for one low price!
- Live 90-minute online session with carefully selected expert(s)
- Access for your entire team for one low price
- Unlimited access to view webinar recording on demand (available after live event)
- Materials for your team (handouts, discussion questions, etc.)
- Certificate of completion for each participant
- Weekly newsletter – What's Working on Campus
Instructions for live webinar access for your group are provided to you immediately upon checkout. Instructions for accessing the on-demand recording will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours following the live webinar. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-295-0505 with any questions. For information about licensing this webinar for unlimited distribution on your institution’s internal network/server, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaperClip Communications welcomes persons with disabilities to join our webinars. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about the online access provided, please email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your participation.
for participation in
a PaperClip Communications webinar held on